To start the 2021-22 MGS season we’re offering in-person lessons to those families and individuals who are ready for the return. We know some of you wish to remain online and take advantage of our remote lesson offerings, that’s why we are coordinating both in-person and remote teaching days for most of our teachers (a few teachers have opted to only offer remote lessons).
We want you to know how seriously we are taking the risks of coronavirus and its variants, and share with you the precautions we’ve put in place to keep our community and your family safe from COVID-19.
- Masks are required at all times!
- Please maintain 3-feet distance from others while in the studio
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for all teachers and staff
- KN-95 or N-95 masks required for teachers and staff
- Limit in-studio capacity to 6 persons (2 teachers, 2 students, 1 front desk staff, 1 parent at the front desk area at a time)
- Waiting area available in the hallway, capacity 4 (masks and social distancing required)
Students and parents, before you enter the studio please consider and answer the following questions carefully:
- Have you had a fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell in the past 14 days?
- Have you had contact with a person known to be infected, potentially infected, or exposed to someone infected with COVID-19 within the previous 14 days?
- Have you traveled domestically or internationally in the last 14 days?
If you answer YES to any of the above questions we require proof of a negative result COVID-19 test completed within 2 days prior to your lesson date for you to return to in-person lessons (remote lessons are available if testing is not an option).
If you are not feeling well on your lesson day, but would like to have your lesson over Zoom, please let us know as soon as possible that day so that we can make the necessary arrangements with your teacher.
Other precautions we’re taking…
- HEPA filtration in each lesson room.
- 15 minute buffers between all in-person lessons reduces in-studio traffic, and allows for complete air exchange and adequate time for disinfecting equipment.
- Plexiglass shield for vocal lessons.
- Contactless lesson materials in your LessonKeeper.